The Ministry of Agriculture, Lands and Forestry is inviting applications from registered farmers for the 2021 Farm Labour Programme. The programme has the following components:
- Tree Crop Rehabilitation & Maintenance
- Tree Crop Establishment
- Root & Staple Crop Establishment
- Support to Livestock Sector
The following are the terms and conditions of the programme: 1. Beneficiaries MUST be registered farmers, in good standing.
- The support previously provided by the programme will NOT be repeated, if it has not been maintained.
- The time allotted to each beneficiary will be determined after assessment by the Extension Division and MUST be adhered to.
- Plants MUST be purchased in advance for the establishment of new plots.
To maintain the COVID-19 protocols, interested farmers are asked to complete an online application form; farmers without internet access are required to collect forms and submit completed applications to their District Extension Offices. All applications should be received no later than Friday June 18, 2021.