Please apply now as both time and space are limited.
See link to website to apply: https://gov.gd/moe/skillsforwork All interested persons must apply by May 7, 2021.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship to enroll and complete as many courses as possible in one of the three certification programmes: Coursera, Udemy and Grow with Google
Eligibility Criteria/ Target Learners
- Must be a citizen of Grenada
- Individuals who are interested in gaining new skills to enter or traverse the job market
- Students in the final year of their associate degree/undergraduate/diploma/postgraduate
- Individuals who are unemployed and wish to gain skills to start a micro-enterprise or to
secure a job
- Individuals who are employed and wish to reskill or upskill
- Individuals with disabilities with basic ICT skills (Individuals with disabilities will be
prioritized for the scholarship program.)
- Individuals who may have had their income reduced due to the effects of COVID-19
- Any gender
- Young men are especially encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Timeline and Number of Scholarships for 2021
- Cohort 1 – 600 Scholarships from May 1 – September 30, 2021 (5 months)
- Cohort 2 – 600 Scholarships from October 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022 (6 months)
Deadline for application submission:
- Cohort 1 – May 7, 2021
- Cohort 2 – September 20, 2021
- Once your application is submitted using the online form, a selection committee comprising officials from the Ministry of Education will shortlist the eligible candidates. Shortlisted candidates may or may not be required to participate in an online screening process and/or telephone interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be provided with the details for online screening and/or telephone interviews through phone/ SMS/email/WhatsApp/Telegram.
- Successful candidates will be formally notified and a formal invitation to join the desired online platform will be sent to them.
- Successful candidates must respond to the email invitation to sign up for the designated certification programme (Coursera, Udemy or Grow with Google portal) within two (2) days of receiving.
- The learner must then enroll in a course or more, within one week of accepting the invitation.
- The learner must show enough progress (the minimum weekly study hours) in their course selection(s).
- The learner must complete at least one (1) course within four weeks of the commencement of the scholarship.
- For COL Coursera and Udemy scholarships, the learner is required to complete at least three (3) courses within the five (5) month period.
- For COL-Grow with Google Scholarship, learners are required to commit at least 10 hours per week.
- The scholarship will be withdrawn if any learner is not able to demonstrate enough commitment and willingness to take advantage of it, and the Ministry of Education reserves the right to not consider such learner for any future COL scholarship programmes.
- A helpdesk facility is available to help facilitate learning.
Please note that this program does not provide equipment or financial assistance to applicants.
Contact our help desk for any assistance or queries. Our staff aims to provide administrative and academic support.
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Landline: Mobile: WhatsApp: Email:
(473) 440-2737 extension: 27089 (473) 459 – 4337
(473) 459 – 4337 SkillForWork@moe.gov.gd