Beenie Man was fined $150,000 and the maximum fine at the time the offence was committed was $250,000, so we can live with that,” attorney-at-law Roderick Gordon said.
An additional charge of breaching the Noise Abatement Act was thrown out during the deejay’s last court appearance.
The ‘Sim Simma’ deejay was slapped with the two charges in connection with an event in Shrewsbury district in St Elizabeth on November 29.
The Black River police turned up at the event and dispersed the crowd, and Beenie was warned for prosecution.
The 47-year-old artiste’s promotion of a New Year’s Eve party in December further earned the ire of the police in St Elizabeth, and he was summoned to a police station there on January 1 and charged with breaching DRMA protocols with the staging of the November 29 party.
Written by Rebel Nation
This post currently has no comments.
- SGU IS IN THE PROCESS OF WELCOMING STUDENTS AND STAFF TO CAMPUS
- Bounty Killer Lauded For Contribution To Dancehall On His 49th Birthday
- Suns complete sweep of Nuggets
- Drake & Shenseea Got A Collaboration Coming But Pregnancy Rumors Are False
- Grenada Government Finalising Second Stimulus Package To Help Persons Marginalised By The COVID-19 Pandemic
Latest newsRebel Nation | June 16, 2021Rebel Nation | June 15, 2021Rebel Nation | June 14, 2021Rebel Nation | June 14, 2021Rebel Nation | June 10, 2021